At Abbott Interfast our Quality system and processes are certified to the ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 9001:2015 standards. It is a complete and comprehensive program with focus on total customer satisfaction. We maintain product integrity through process controls and a documented quality system that aligns with customer requirements.
Our staff has expertise in fastener quality assurance. We are committed to continuous improvement through training and continuing education. All of our inspectors have completed the rigorous classroom training by the Fastener Training Institute and are Certified Fastener Specialists.
Our inspection lab maintains a documented calibration system that ensures gages, measuring devices and test equipment used for product acceptance are calibrated against certified standards traceable to National Institute of Standards and Technology on a scheduled basis.
Our Inspection Lab services and equipment includes but is not limited to:
- Component Approval Process
- New Part Introduction Process (First Article Inspection – FAI)
- Print Review
- Conformance to Industry Standards (ASME, ASTM, SAE, IFI, etc.)
- Dimensional Analysis
- Statistical process control
- Torque Testing
- Internal and external thread gauging
- Performance testing for thread cutting and thread rolling screws
- Material verification
- Plating and coating verification
- Sample retention for each lot
- Additional Equipment – Surface finish tester, Optical Comparator, Rockwell Hardness Tester, Toolmaker’s Microscope, Torque Wrenches, Gage Blocks, Thread gages