Turn to Abbott - Interfast for your stainless steel machining needs. We have decades of experience machining high-quality stainless steel products as well as working with various grades of stainless steel. We’ll make sure that you receive the parts you need, no matter the challenge.
Stainless steel is an ideal material for resistance to corrosion, staining, and offers low maintenance and luster for many applications. Stainless Steel is milled into coils, sheets, plates, bars, wire and tubing in all shapes and sizes. Some of the industries that use stainless steel are housewares, medical, marine, automotive and industrial equipment. Stainless steel can be stamped, casted, machined and cold headed.
*Available in inch and metric sizes.
Common types of Stainless include:
- 303 – A nonmagnetic and non-corrosive grade of stainless steel with great forming properties.
- 304 – An extremely corrosion resistant grade of stainless steel that is appealing to food processing and aerospace industries.
- 316 – Similar to 304, 316 grade stainless steel is ideal for application involving corrosive chemicals and is used in some medical instruments and sterile environments.
- 416 – 416 stainless steel is easy to machine and is great for parts that need strong mechanical properties. 416 is not very resistant to corrosion.
- 302 – 302 stainless steel is resistant to corrosion with slightly more strength due to additional carbon.
- 410 – 410 stainless steel has increased strength due to added iron and chromium. Very resistant to wear and abrasion but is less resistant to corrosion.
- 430 – 430 stainless steel is more decorative and generally used in the automotive industry. It has reduced temperature and corrosion resistance but has improved formability.
- A286 – A286 stainless steel is an iron-based material for applications that are frequently exposed to high temperatures.
- 17-4PH – Also known as 630 stainless steel, 17-4PH is a grade of martensitic hardened stainless steel. It contains additional chromium, nickel and copper and is corrosion resistant, magnetic and easily machined.
- 18-8 – 18-8 stainless steel is a type of 300 grade stainless steel that contains 18% chromium and 8% nickel.
BENEFITS OF STAINLESS STEEL FASTENERS:
- Corrosion and heat resistant
- Strength & durability
- Cosmetically appealing
- Low maintenance
- Food Service
- Oil and Gas
- Industrial Equipment
VARIETY OF STAINLESS STEEL COMPONENTS:
- Spring pins
- Threaded rod
- Machined parts
- Custom parts