Abbott-Interfast offers state-of-the-art plastic products and fasteners to fit a wide variety of applications. We manufacture our plastic parts through machining and injection molding. we follow industry standards across the board during the entire manufacturing process.
Most plastics are chemical resistant, corrosion resistant, strong, heat resistant, non-conductive, impervious to UV light and many are food grade compliant. Plastic fasteners can have special functions, in addition to being available in standard shapes. Integral color, special undercuts, and molded-in metal inserts are a few of the possibilities. Assembly can be simplified when a single plastic fastener replaces several metal components.
Custom plastic fasteners and machined parts are commonly used in computer and electronic device enclosures, containers, lids, handles, knobs, connectors, phones, panels, windows, auto parts, displays and many more applications. Our high-quality plastic products can be customized to fit your specific application requirements.
*Available in inch and metric sizes.
Advantages of plastic Machine Parts
- Ease of forming due to plastics' malleability
- Reduced Finish Cost
- Faster production
- Lighter weight
- Corrosion resistance
COMMON TYPES OF PLASTICS:
- PP (polypropylene)- Chemical Resistant, elasticity, toughness, fatigue resistant, resistance to electricity.
- HDPE (High Density Polyethylene)- Cost-effective, withstand high temps, UV-resistant, resistant to most chemicals.
- LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene)- Does not absorb moisture, good impact and resistant to most chemicals
- ABS- strong resistance to corrosive chemicals and physical impact. Easy to machine, NOT typically used in high heat applications.
- Phenolic- strong, durable, resistant to most chemicals, flame retardant and cost effective
- Nylon- does not burn, resistance to corrosion, high amount of insulation, lighter, stronger and offers high wear resistance.
- Nylon 6/6- Abrasion resistance, ductility, heat resistance, higher melting point and higher tensile strength.
PLASTIC COMPONENTS INCLUDE:
- Binding Posts
INDUSTRIES FOR PLASTIC COMPONENTS INCLUDE: