Stainless steel A-286 is a heat and corrosion resistant austenitic iron-base material that can be age hardened to a high strength level. It is designed for use at temperatures up to 704°C (1300°F) where good corrosion resistance, excellent creep strength and high tensile strength are required. The alloy can also be used for low temperature applications that require a ductile, non-magnetic high strength material at temperatures below room temperature.
*Available in inch and metric sizes.
The advantages of high temperature products:
- Specialty alloys to withstand up to 800 degrees Celsius
- Minimize oxidation and corrosion at high temperature
- Minimize galling with proper coating and plating
A-286 is a durable alloy with advanced precipitation hardening characteristics, and is ideal for use in demanding field conditions.
Standard A-286 alloys display the following typical mechanical properties:
- Tensile strength: 145,000 KSI; 1000 MPa
- Yield strength: 105,000 KSI; 724 MPa
- Elongation: 15%
- Reduction: 25%
- Rockwell hardness: 24 to 37 KSI
Fasteners made from A286 alloys are most often:
- Aircraft and industrial gas turbine
- Flange nuts
- Frames and fasteners